Seeking a passionate, results focused Senior Automation Engineer to take accountability for key software engineering for web & enterprise applications.
A strong focus will be placed on the individual’s ability to employ market leading development & testing patterns and practices. The successful candidate is expected to utilise agile methodologies to find a balance between speed to market and high quality outputs whilst using fit for purpose solutions to drive a first class customer experience.
- Requires thorough technical, analytical and operational knowledge within the QA space as it relates to good software engineering & automation across the web application stack.
- Responsible for the definition of automation suite and practices including execution of integration, system, and regression testing of software.
- Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work within an Agile environment & influence best practice approaches to quality and automation – right from build to test automation and integration.
- Extensive hands-on experience using a variety of automated testing tools like Ruby, Java, Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber, Rest Assured for the backend – to name a few.
- Interact with the product delivery team; participate in product requirement/design reviews to provide input on completeness of functional requirements, product designs, and schedules.
- Review & define BDD acceptance criteria Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, and/or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
- Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, error or defect retests, usability; including automated scripts.
- Develop & execute automated test scripts.
- Adhere to defect tracking process; document software defects, using a defect tracking tool (JIRA), monitor the progress in a timely manner, escalate aging and priority defects.
- Leading and maturing capability within the testing & engineering domains
- Experience with Automated UI Testing
- Unit Testing and Dependency Injection
- Continuous Integration/Delivery Practices
- Service layer automation – through API layer
- Design and estimation of story level functionality
- Working closely with peers in the delivery team including;
- Developers, Business Analysts, Solution Designer, Quality Assurance Manager and Business Subject Matter Experts
- Delivering end-to-end stories; from estimation, through
- Development, unit test coverage, code review and defect resolution and implementation
- Contribute to our Continuous Delivery culture and drive CI uplift and test integration with the build automation suite
- Experience with the automation across Web APIs
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Strong, existing experience in leading technical teams
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
- 5 years+ experience working in automation/quality assurance
- Experience with API testing (REST/SOAP)
- Experience with Performance and Volume testing methodologies and tools; Jmeter/Taurus, or equivalent – Gatling, Locus
- Scripting experience (python, bash) building out automation in CI/CD workflows
Our Purpose – enable impactful change through technology and a relentless passion for delivering customer value.
We seek to harness the best in our people and invest in uplifting capability. Our teams are encouraged to push for change and not be afraid to challenge the norm.
Idea Incubation – got a good idea? Let’s take a look and see if we can help you mature something commercially
Learning platform – we provide ongoing learning platforms and seek to ensure we can keep our people abreast of technology either through our internal product development or ongoing courses. At a minimum we will ensure our people are supported along the cloud certification pathway and will invest in hands-on Container orchestration capability (Kubernetes)
– we believe in staying connected and always look for opportunities to get together and hang out – be it a picnic in the park or a casual drink or two 😉